Things We Saw Today: When You Play the Game of Thrones, You Rock or You Die
Things We Saw Today
- Members of the New Zealand Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals wanted to prove how intelligent dogs are. So they taught a few of them to drive. Obviously. Check out the video at The Frisky.
- ESPN invited teenage Ugandan chess prodigy Phiona Muesi on SportsCenter to talk chess and play a few games against the co-hosts. Predictably, she wiped the floor with them. (SportsGrid)
Superman gives us a grin in this brand new Man of Steel photo. (GeekTyrant)
- We reported that the first nine minutes of Star Trek Into Darkness will play before IMAX screenings of The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey… but, as is turns out, that’s not true of all IMAX screenings. Check and see if your local IMAX theater is playing the lens flare-y goodness at the official Website. (/Film)
- You know that lady who didn’t recognize Jay-Z on the subway, so he helpfully explained to her who he is? Via Mad Art Lab, She Was Making Art While Jay-Z Was Still in Diapers.
- Wreck-It Ralph director Rich Moore says he wants Mario to be in the sequel. Yes, please! (Kotaku)
- First Sir Patrick Stewart said he hasn’t signed a contract to be in X-Men: Days of Future Past nor been given the script; now it turns out the same is true of Sir Ian McKellen. Dammit, X-Men. Quit playing games with my heart. (blastr)
After doing a Hobbit mega-post this morning, we tried not to post any more Hobbit stuff. Alas, between Ian McKellen tweeting, Martin Freeman being a geek prince, and this, the first picture from The Desolation of Smaug, we were unsuccessful. Sorry, people who aren’t into The Hobbit. Just another week or so of this, I swear. (ScreenRant)
Have a tip we should know? [email protected]