Things We Saw Today: Help Make This LEGO Amelia Earhart Set a Reality
Up, up, and away!
Master builders Ellen Kooijman (Alatariel) and Brad Meltzer have devised this awesome Amelia Earhart LEGO set! You can vote for it to become an official set over on LEGO Ideas. Here’s what the creators have to say:
Amelia Earhart was a girl who loved adventure, and never let anybody stop her from trying new things. Even things that girls had never done before—like flying all the way across the Atlantic Ocean. Eventually she broke flying records and proved to the world that women can soar just as high as men.
Based on the bestselling book series by Brad Meltzer and Chris Eliopoulos, this set consists of the bright yellow biplane that Amelia Earhart bought for herself. She named it Canary (which is a cool name for a plane, right?).
- Starz’s American Gods has added three new series regulars! (via The Prose and Cons)
- In other Bryan Fuller-related news, Prop Store will be auctioning off Hannibal props from April 4th-8th. Daily Dead explains,
Highlights from the auction include Hannibal Lecter’s vinyl kill suit, the (synthetic) human hair-stuffed elk pillow, Hannibal’s home-brewed beer bottles, the black stag antlers, prosthetic severed ears, Will Graham’s BSHCI cage, Hannibal’s straitjacket, Mason Verger’s (Michael Pitt) bloody shirt and pants, Mason Verger’s (Joe Anderson) plaster cast scar appliance, and more.
Welp, that’s bittersweet.
- Roxane Gay’s An Untamed State is going to be a movie! Gugu Mbatha-Raw is set to star and Gina Prince-Bythewood will direct and co-write the screenplay with Gay. (via Jezebel)
- A trailer for the new Bridget Jones movie, Bridget Jones’ Baby, is here! It’s been awhile since I saw the first two movies, but I remember enjoying them at the time. This trailer just feels bleak, though. Renee Zellweger and Emma Thompson deserve better. (via The Hollywood Reporter)
- Zendaya confirmed on Ellen that she will indeed be in Spider-Man, but was not at liberty to offer any other details. (via Comic Book Resources)
What did you see on the series of tubes today?
—Please make note of The Mary Sue’s general comment policy.—
Have a tip we should know? email@example.com