Things We Saw Today: Those MST3K Robots Have Some Pretty Solid Ideas for Netflix Shows
Above, Crow T. Robot and Tom Servo pitch some wonderful Netflix show ideas to Netflix’s “cuh-coh” (CCO), Ted Serandos. I am all for that “Fuller House but with bodies everywhere” idea. (via io9)
- Some brilliant, lovely person redirected hail-hydra.com to Trump’s page on the White House website. You know, just in case you forgot about the levels of cartoonish, comic book supervillainy coming out of our government these days. (via CBR)
- The head of the U.S. Census Bureau just resigned from his position, just ahead of the upcoming 2020 census, which has, itself, seen a fair share of criticism after the White House issued directives to remove LGBT-related questions. There’s a lot at stake with the Census, make no mistake. (via Vox)
— Eino Sierpe (@Eino_Sierpe) April 26, 2017
- Some professors at Yale are currently on a hunger strike after their efforts to unionize were met with silence from Yale officials. As long as Yale refuses to negotiate, these professors will continue to fast. (via The Guardian)
- Activists in Russia were arrested today as they were about to deliver a petition asking the Russian government to investigate the kidnappings and torturing of gay men in Chechnya. (via BuzzFeed News)
- A 22-year-old Russian blogger was arrested for playing Pokémon Go in church. He’s been handed a three-and-a-half year suspended sentence. For reference, the crime was “religious hatred,” which was what landed Pussy Riot in jail for two years in 2012. (via Boing Boing)
What’d you see today, my dear, lovely friend?
Want more stories like this? Become a subscriber and support the site!
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—