Check out this awesome photo from TMS contributor Alan Kistler, who caught this awesome shot of artist Don Phelps’ addition to the “Fearless Girl” statue in New York City. Not a bad look, Wonder Girl! (via Instagram)
- In not-so-awesome “Fearless Girl” news, this woman tries to make the completely erroneous case that “There’s no such thing as an Islamic feminist” by dressing “Fearless Girl” in a hijab. First of all? Learn some grammar. That would be “There’s no such thing as a Muslim feminist.” But that’s the least of this woman’s problem. (via @lucianwintrich on Twitter)
- If you’re one of the few who managed to get through Seasons 2 and 3 you’re in luck. Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt has been renewed for a fourth season. Yay? (via Deadline Hollywood)
- Empire Magazine compiled a list of the 100 Greatest Films Ever. Only two were directed by women. Uh-huh. (via Pajiba)
- The ladies of Broad City refuse to give our President any more airtime than necessary, and will bleep his name throughout their entire upcoming Season Four. (via The Hollywood Reporter)
- io9 has a great piece on the costumes of Black Panther, and how they’re a godsend to black cosplayers.
- Lastly, check out these awesome images from a drag queen rap battle in Japan, courtesy of Vice.
That’s it on our end! What have you seen out there today?
(image: Alan Kistler/Instagram)
Want more stories like this? Become a subscriber and support the site!
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—
Have a tip we should know? firstname.lastname@example.org