It’s October 28th already, and you don’t have a Halloween costume. But worry not, because we’ve got your back.
Things We Saw Today: Grumpy Cat, Game Master
by Rebecca Pahle | 5:00 pm, August 6th, 2013
- In other Internet famous cat news, The Frisky let us know that Maru now has a baby brother, and he’s kind of adorable. Shut. Down. Everything.
- Today marks the one-year anniversary of the Mars Curiosity Rover setting down on Mars. Coincidentally, today’s also the day NASA Deputy Administrator Lori Garver announced she’ll be stepping down in a month’s time. (The Daily Dot, Geekosystem)
- Benedict Cumberbatch and John Malkovich have joined the cast of Madagascar spinoff The Penguins of Madagascar. We don’t know who Cumberbatch will be playing, or even if he’ll be a penguin, only that he’ll voice some sort of “CIA animal.” (Empire Online)
This 35-foot-tall straw Dalek, or Strawlek (oh yes), was created by ice cream shop Snugbury’s in the Cheshire countyside. (io9)
- Attention, people who exist at the center of the “Simpsons fanatics” and “LEGO fanatics” venn diagram. I have good news for you. A Simpsons LEGO set is coming in 2014. (Gizmodo)
- We already knew Peter Capaldi‘s been a massive Doctor Who fan from a young age, but did you know that when he was 14 he had a special beef with the President of the Official Doctor Who Fan Club? Writes then-president Keith Miller: “[Capaldi] haunted my time running the fan club, as he was quite indignant he wasn’t considered for the post,” and “I was given the fan club to take the strain of dealing with the advent of the super-fans like Peter Capaldi… who wanted a running dialog with the production team.” Well he’ll sure have that dialogue now. (Digital Spy)
Time to start saving up: This Batman-inspired wedding ring by jewelry designer Takayas Mizuno can be yours for a mere $2,500. You don’t even need to be married to wear it. I won’t tell. (When Geeks Wed)