Earlier today, I posted an interview with Malcolm David Kelley, who is starring in the upcoming Kathryn Bigelow film, Detroit. Annapurna Pictures also released a really great video along with the second trailer for the film where we get to hear from several of the people who lived through the events depicted in the film, including Melvin Dismukes (played by John Boyega in the film) all stressing how important it is that this story finally get told. Check it out above!
- Wouldn’t it be great if we could do more studies on the effects of climate change to help prevent further environmental damage. Well, we can’t…because climate change has made the studies too dangerous. (via Wired)
- Danny Elfman will be writing the score for the upcoming Justice League film. Let’s see if he charges Warner Bros/DC Entertainment more than $1 for his services. (via /Film)
- Women are running for office now more than ever! But a recent survey finds that despite that, women run for office less than men, and talks about the reasons why. (via Politico)
Check out the awesome, “galumphing” trailer for Netflix’s Okja. A story of a girl and her gentle beast.
- Rachel Talalay, director of Tank Girl, wants to direct a She-Hulk movie. Now someone LET HER DO IT! (via CBR.com)
- MIT is dismantling its dorm, Senior House, which was the most friendly to marginalized groups on campus, in the name of student “safety” and “academics.” (via Quartz)
- Lastly, Kathryn Hahn suggested a film in the THR Comedy Roundtable that really needs to get made. (via Twitter)
That’s it on our end! What did YOU see today?
(via , image: )
Want more stories like this? Become a subscriber and support the site!
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—
Have a tip we should know? email@example.com