Things We Saw Today: Ragnarok‘s Tessa Thompson Wants An All-Female Marvel Movie
We’re all super-excited about Thor: Ragnarok for, among other things, Tessa Thompson’s Valkyrie. Well, Thompson doesn’t want the badass female heroes and villains to stop with her and Hela. She gathered some other Women of Marvel to approach Kevin Feige at a Ragnarok press event to present the idea of an all-female film. As reported by Inverse, she said, “Recently I marched up with a couple of other women who work in Marvel and [asked Kevin Feige] ‘How about a movie with some female superheroes? Like all of them.”
The best part? He seems into it, too. She referenced the Lady Liberators from back in the day as a precedent, but you don’t even need to go all the way back to the 1970s for inspiration. I’d love an A-Force movie.
- Speaking of Marvel, do you think that the company should host its own convention a la Disney’s D23? (via Movies.com)
- Roswell is the next old show to be getting the reboot treatment. (via The Hollywood Reporter)
- It’s hard being Jessica Jones! Krysten Ritter recently got punched in the face and passed out during a fight scene for Marvel’s Jessica Jones. (via SyFy Wire)
— Seth Gorden (@smgorden) October 11, 2017
We are all about Prince as a Hogwarts teacher. (via Seth Gorden on Twitter)
- Harvey Weinstein’s wife, fashion designer Georgina Chapman, is leaving him after 10 years of marriage. Can’t say that I’m surprised. (via Vanity Fair)
- This game about making paper clips is surprisingly enthralling. (via Kotaku)
What have you seen out there today, friends?
Want more stories like this? Become a subscriber and support the site!
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—