Things We Saw Today: A Katie Cook Zombie Riding A Tony Moore My Little Pony
Things We Saw Today
Well here’s something amazing to have come out of Emerald City Comicon, a joint commission Moore is calling “Zombie Bronie.” It’s the poop pile that makes the whole thing IMHO. (via Robot 6) Now read on, dear friends, for all the other stuff we saw today!
- Shaenon K. Garrity tells us exactly what American comic books lack. Cats! I wholeheartedly agree. (via Comixology)
- Jessica Wakeman at the Frisky writes an open letter to that guy who called her crazy. Or more specifically, “Dear Guy Who Seemed Cool On Our First Date But Freaked When I Said I Wanted To Take Sexual Stuff Slowly And Sent Me A Barrage Of Douchey Text Messages Which Culminated In Pronouncing Me “Crazy.”
Coming October 31 from Dark Horse Comics, a Portal 2 art book. Geeks of Doom write, The book, titled The Art of Portal 2, gives fans a look at the game from initial concepts to the final product, with added insight from both artists and writers who have worked on the Portal game series. At 184 pages, fans will get their fill of mostly never-before-seen art, including looks at the Aperture Science facility, characters such as Chell, and the design process of Valve.”
- We previously wrote about the lack of women on Facebook’s board, well now women’s rights group Ultraviolet are demanding that change. (via ZDNet)
- Another update on a story we recently told you about, the Olympics, women, and Arab nations. The Chicago Tribune is reporting that Saudi Arabia has decided their team will contain no women. Now we wait and see if the Olympic committee stands by their previous statements saying they wouldn’t accept such teams.
The Beat brings us the first cover shot to Hope Larson’s A Wrinkle in Time comic adaptation. I’m definitely looking forward to this one.
- In other adaptation news, APE is going to be bringing us Sesame Street comics soon! (via Comic Book Resources)
- We’re remaking The Mummy….why? (via /Film)
And finally today, it’s time for fandoms and timestreams to collide. Hold on to your butts, this could cause a rip in the space time continuum.
That’s Doctor Who’s new companion, Jenna-Louise Coleman and Game of Thrones’ Robb Stark, Richard Madden. Go ahead. I’ll wait.
Yup. (via kiddyworld)
Have a tip we should know? [email protected]