Things We Saw Today: Let’s Revel in All the Beautiful Art of the #SouthAsianArtists Hashtag
We’ve all been spoiled for gorgeous art lately, from #DrawingWhileBlack to #Inktober, and then I saw there was even more beauty to behold this weekend, on the #SouthAsianArtists tag. So I thought I’d share a few highlights with you all, like this amazing Desi reimagining of Wonder Woman from artist Anu Chouhan. (There are prints!!)
#SouthAsianArtists was organized by the young artist below, Fatima, to run from October 13-15. So take a look and discover your new favorite art Instagram, your next comics collaborator, or the next illustrator you hire for your project.
— fatima 🌈💖 (@fatishook) October 13, 2017
— Sou (@heysouu) October 14, 2017
— anoosha @fandays #20 (@foxville_art) October 13, 2017
— tasia.m.s (@_tasiaMS) October 13, 2017
— Ashlena (@shlenasharma) October 13, 2017
— Akshay B. Varaham 🐗 (@ab_varaham) October 13, 2017
— Shehzil Malik (@shehzilm) October 14, 2017
— Zammy (@zammydraws) October 13, 2017
- Come discover which of the Endless you are with this “Which Sandman Sibling Are You?” quiz from Zimbio.
- Mic asked the experts to take a look at Marvel Comics’ diversity efforts from the last three years, and analyze what’s working and what’s not.
- It looks like the Rozencrantz and Guildenstern of the Star Wars Expanded Universe, Tag and Bink, will appear in the Han Solo movie. (via Nerdist)
- Canadian actor Mia Kirshner wrote a great article about the role that unions, especially unions as powerful as SAG-AFTRA, can and should play in combating sexual assault in Hollywood and other industries. Union advocacy isn’t just about wages; it’s about working conditions.
- The Stranger Things team has released the latest song from the Season 2 soundtrack, “Walkin’ in Hawkins.”
- Jack Dorsey, the CEO of Twitter, has promised some changes in the wake of the outcry following Rose McGowan’s suspension from the platform. These include “New rules around: unwanted sexual advances, non-consensual nudity, hate symbols, violent groups, and tweets that glorifies violence.” They’re meant to roll out next week, so we’ll have to see how this shakes out, but I’m hoping these could represent real change. (via Gizmodo)
- Thor can’t believe he isn’t the strongest Avenger in this Thor: Ragnarok TV spot. (via ScreenRant)
That’s all I’ve got! What’d you all see today?
(Featured image via Anu Chouhan)
Want more stories like this? Become a subscriber and support the site!
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—
Have a tip we should know? [email protected]