Things We Saw Today: It’s #Inktober, So Your Social Media’s About to Explode With Awesome Drawings
Last month, we were lucky enough to enjoy all the gorgeous art of #DrawingWhileBlack. This month, it’s time for #Inktober, the initiative started by artist Jake Parker to encourage himself and other creatives around the world to “improve…inking skills and develop positive drawing habits.” If you’d like to participate yourself, just draw one new ink drawing per day, and post it with the hashtag. Parker even has an official list of prompts to help out if you get stuck. And if you’ll be #Inktober-ing, let your fellow TMS readers know where to find your art!
Now for those of you who, like me, are just greedy art parasites, enjoy the sampling of talent below and find some new geniuses to follow:
— Valentina Remenar (@TincekMarincek) October 1, 2017
— Laia (@itslopezz) October 1, 2017
— Bon (@BonSquiggle) October 1, 2017
— Gabe Martini (@gabethefaun) October 1, 2017
— Natasha Small (@_NatSmall) October 1, 2017
— Paulina Ganucheau (@PlinaGanucheau) October 1, 2017
— Johnathan Edwards (@JStorm00) October 1, 2017
— ⚰️ (@communalmother) October 1, 2017
- Yesterday, the March for Black Women in Washington, D.C. worked to center the concerns of black women in the fights for racial justice and feminism. “It’s difficult getting the issues specific to black women and girls centered within the racial-justice movement of this nation,” explained Farah Tanis, co-founder and co-executive director of the Black Women’s Blueprint. Read more about the march at The Root.
- Rick and Morty will livestream the Season 3 finale for free on adultswim.com – even if you don’t have a cable subscription! Read more about how to access the episode at Polygon.
- The Thor: Ragnarok marketing team has declared that October is #Helaween, promising a new piece of content every day this month.
— Marvel Studios (@MarvelStudios) October 1, 2017
- Dark Horse will publish a 320-page Legend of Zelda encyclopedia next year, covering everything from potions and spells to maps and languages. (via Polygon)
- We’d heard that there was a Lucy sequel in the works, but it’s now been confirmed that Luc Besson is working on the script. (via io9)
- Have an awesome essay about Black Panther that you’ve been waiting to write up? The blog of the African American Intellectual History Society (AAIHS) is looking for guest bloggers for their series on Black Panther. Check out their call for submissions, including a list of potential topics, here.
- Star Wars Forces of Destiny is getting two new television specials! One airs tonight, October 1, at 8 PM EST/PST on the Disney Channel, and the second will air on October 29 at 8 PM EST/PST, also on the Disney Channel. (via SYFY Wire)
(Featured image via)
Want more stories like this? Become a subscriber and support the site!
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—
Have a tip we should know? [email protected]