Things We Saw Today: Lupita Nyongo’s SECOND Undercover Cosplay Day at Comic-Con!
— Lupita Nyong’o (@Lupita_Nyongo) July 28, 2017
Lupita Nyong’o already charmed the entire internet with her Pink Ranger disguise at the 2017 San Diego Comic-Con, and now it turns out that she also dressed up as Kylo Ren! This video is just as delightful, joyful and funny as the first, with Nyong’o dancing, posing, and fangirling across the con. She even managed to fool artist Sanford Greene, when she had him draw her a Black Panther commission. “It turns out I am a part of a viral video with the talented  Lupita  Nyongo and had NO idea!” tweeted Greene. “But did wonder why she kept fixing her mask!”
- There’s a fascinating piece on Charlize Theron’s career, and how she subverted the industry’s expectations for her, over at Buzzfeed. The period in her career post-Monster, when “the vamp had aged; shed the cool, chill elements of her initial image; and transformed into a bitch,” was particularly illuminating.
- It’s Gail Simone’s birthday today!
- We’ve already been teased with a potential Peggy Carter appearance in Infinity War. But actress Hayley Atwell is also down for a cameo in Captain Marvel – which, since it’s set in the ’90s, definitely takes place during Peggy Carter’s lifetime. Give us that female mentorship moment, Marvel! (via Nerdist)
- Polygon spoke to Rick and Morty co-creators Dan Harmon and Justin Roiland about the long delays in producing the third season, and about their views of infinity, creation, and meaning in the show.
- Middle-Earth: Shadow of War, the follow-up game to Shadow of Mordor, will feature the first non-white hero in the Lord of the Rings universe. (via ScreenRant)
(Featured image via screengrab)
Want more stories like this? Become a subscriber and support the site!
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—