Things We Saw Today: Lin-Manuel Miranda Gathers Jennifer Lopez, Rita Moreno, Gina Rodriguez and Others In a Song for Puerto Rico
Today’s biggest news has basically been hot garbage. Thankfully (and pretty much as usual), Lin-Manuel Miranda is here to provide us with a little bit of hope through music. This time, he’s accompanied by seemingly every star in the Latinx firmament—proud Latinas like Rita Moreno, Gina Rodriguez, Jennifer Lopez, and Gloria Estefan; and proud Latinos like Marc Anthony, John Leguizamo, Ruben Blades, and Fat Joe—joining together on a track called “Almost Like Praying,” which debuted today. You can see the music video above, and download the track HERE. Proceeds benefit the Hispanic Federation‘s efforts toward Puerto Rico disaster relief.
- Speaking of Puerto Rico, Elon Musk says that Tesla can rebuild the island’s power grid. But who’s going to pay for it? (via The Daily Dot)
- Check out this awesome behind-the-scenes video from Guillermo del Toro’s The Shape of Water! (via SyFy Wire)
- We’re hearing great things about Blade Runner 2049. We’re also hearing that it’s as sexist and racist as ever. (via Wired)
- Women in the animation industry are speaking out about how motherhood impacts their livelihoods. (via Cartoon Brew)
- RIP, AOL Instant Messenger. Wait, you were still around? (via Tech Crunch)
- Amazon is trying to make the world a more science-friendly place by creating more kids’ shows about science, as well as more science-fiction programming. (via The Verge)
What have you seen out there today, friends?
Want more stories like this? Become a subscriber and support the site!
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—
Have a tip we should know? email@example.com