Things We Saw Today: Littlest Jyn Erso Cosplayer Gives Death Star Plans to All the Leias She Can Find
— io9 (@io9) April 22, 2017
My heart! io9 and Nerdist both shared the story of this adorable Jyn Erso cosplayer from Star Wars Celebration. The young cosplayer, Haley, attended Star Wars Celebration with her father Dino. She ran around the conference and shared custom-made Death Star plans with every Leia cosplayer she ran into. Thus, she completed her character’s mission from Rogue One. She stole the plans – and our hearts. You can see all the photos from her mission at Dino’s Imgur.
- Chris Pratt received some well-deserved criticism for his comment that “the voice of the average, blue-collar American isn’t necessarily represented in Hollywood.” Um. But lo and behold, he apologized! Without excuses! (via Jezebel)
That was actually a pretty stupid thing to say. I’ll own that. There’s a ton of movies about blue collar America. https://t.co/DclYfNsiv3
— chris pratt (@prattprattpratt) April 21, 2017
- Gizmodo posted a pretty amazing interview with American astronaut Mike Massimino, which covers all the details of astronaut mac and cheese as well as “showering, farting, and boning in space.”
- Just a few weeks after United Airlines unleashed a nightmare assault on one of their passengers, an American Airlines employee apparently whacked a woman with a stroller and narrowly missed hitting her baby. (via Daily Dot)
- To celebrate the release of Mario Kart 8 on the Nintendo Switch, Target is painting the shopping carts at more than 650 of its stores to look like Mario Kart cars. I don’t think this’ll end well… (via Nerdist)
- Terry Huang, a director of product and data at the Black List, posted a fascinating analysis of their submission numbers, and why the gender gap persists on the site.
(Featured image via Lucasfilm, memefied by me)
Want more stories like this? Become a subscriber and support the site!
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—
Have a tip we should know? firstname.lastname@example.org