Things We Saw Today: Hugh Jackman Is Still Wolverine
Things We Saw Today
Just in case you were wondering. Comic Book Movie has a few more shots from on set of The Wolverine.
- Someone made a video spoofing Liam Neeson’s Taken but with a regular old dad. It’s amazing. Watch at The Frisky.
- Topless Robot put together a list of the 9 Major Journalists of Nerd-dom. Can you guess who sits at #1?
- The Warner Bros. shop is having a great sale to celebrate Harry Potter’s birthday. Fancy some Hogwarts merchandise?
Collider has a series of images from the upcoming film, The Girl, starring Toby Jones and Sienna Miller as Alfred Hitchcock and Tippi Hedren. (Not to be confused with Alfred Hitchcock and the Making of Psycho, starring Scarlett Johansson as Janet Leigh.)
- Speaking of which, the real Tippi Hedren spoke about sexual harassment, her time with Hitchcock, and how the two coincided at the at the Television Critics Association press tour. “He ruined my career, but he didn’t ruin my life,” she said. (via Think Progress)
- And if you hadn’t heard, Vertigo bumped Citizen Kane off of the British Film Institutes list of greatest movies ever. (via Deadline)
- io9.com put together a comprehensive list of everything Peter Jackson added to The Hobbit films.
- A 22-year-old woman managed to lift a car off her father that fell on him while he was working underneath. Then gave him CPR to bring him back to life. Woah. (via Yahoo)
- Finally today, Anita Sarkeesian’s battle with online harassment has made its way to the NY Times. ““The gaming industry is actually in the process of changing,” said Sarkeesian. “That’s a really positive thing, but I think there is a small group of male gamers who feel like gaming belongs to them, and are really terrified of that change happening.” They also highlight several other instances where women were harassed or stalked thanks to their participation in online gaming.
Have a tip we should know? [email protected]