Things We Saw Today: Magneto, Mystique, and Psylocke Vs. ‘The Big Lebowski’
He really pulled the room together.
It was the X-Men vs. The Dude on Friday night, as Michael Fassbender, J. Law and Olivia Munn took part in a live reading of The Big Lebowski at the Just For Laughs festival in Montreal (a.k.a. the shooting city for X-Men: Apocalypse). (via Variety, image via Dan Dion)
- Speaking of Magneto, Sir Ian McKellen recently made an eggcellent video of him cooking breakfast that is too cute not to watch (note: there is no spoon bending). Meanwhile, Ian’s buddy and Professor Xavier portrayer Patrick Stewart visited the set of X-Men: Apocalypse recently, so we can all start speculating about what that means. (via EW, Comic Vine)
- Looks like Wii U is cancelling Nintendo TVii. The service will end officially on August 11, when we can all turn to Netflix once again for comfort. (via Destructoid)
You might be weary to say Marvel has gone to the dogs just yet, but it’s actually true when it comes to Josh Lynch’s new designs. He’s turned the Avengers, select X-Men and more into their canine counterparts and ohmygod the bulldog Hulk (let’s call him The Incredible Bulk). (via Josh Lynch)
- Need a hug after watching Inside Out? Hallmark has your back. They just created Inside Out Itty Bittys and they are about as cute as Sadness and Joy’s girlfriendship. (via Nerdist)
- New deets about that Gambit movie starring Channing Tatum have been released and they’re only casting one female role so far. Sigh. (via Comics Alliance)
And in terrifying news, Syfy’s next creature feature, Lavalantula, which looks like Eight Legged Freaks with lava, airs tonight and the newly released trailer is outrageous. And did I mention terrifying for anyone who hates spiders of all sizes?!
- In a final note for arachnophobes, here’s a look at the new Spider-Man comics taking our beloved web slinger back to high school. (via Comicbook.com)
—Please make note of The Mary Sue’s general comment policy.—