Things We Saw Today: Summer Is Coming
Things We Saw Today
- Author Sara Barron talks about farting the feminism at The Frisky.
- It’s no longer a rumor: Jai Courtney has officially signed on to play Kyle Reese in Terminator: Genesis. (Variety)
- The Hollywood Reporter tells us how Lupita Nyong’o, Oscar winner and all-around gift to the 2013 cinematic landscape, was discovered as part of ABC’s pro-diversity casting program. Other success stories, though not necessarily of ABC’s program, include Chadwick Boseman, True Blood‘s Kevin Alejandro, and Adan Canto, who plays Sunspot in X-Men: Days of Future Past. See? Taking an active approach to increasing diversity on film and TV. It works. Now let’s do more of it.
These terrifying Pikachu cakes are coming for your soul. The way they were supposed to look isn’t lacking in creep factor, either. (Geeks are Sexy)
- Estately ranks the 50 United States by zombie preparedness. Apparently my home and current states of North Carolina and New York are pretty much screwed. I’m moving to Alaska.
- Don’t Blame Science Fiction for Hollywood’s Race Problem. (Flavorwire)