Things We Saw Today: It Looks Like Superman Flew Too Close To The Red Sun
Things We Saw Today
- The Frisky has a fascinating piece on new feminist solidarity hashtag #SolidarityIsForWhiteWomen and what it actually means for feminism and women who belong to minorities.
- New Zealand, land of Hobbits and Flight of The Concords, is now the land of prohibitively expensive (but real!) jetpacks as well. We officially live in the future. (via Geekosystem)
- Comic book illustrator Jill Thompson is kickstarting a fashion doll for her Scary Godmother comic series. s
- Bryan Cranston weighed in on the suggestion that he should play Lex Luthor in Man of Steel 2, and got all our hopes up in the process, saying, “Give me a call. I like Lex Luthor. I think he’s misunderstood. He’s a loveable, sweet man.” (via i09)
- “The Fires of Pompei,” the Tennant era Doctor Who episode featuring Peter Capaldi as an ancient Roman, is currently available for free on iTunes. While verifying this, I saw that the Veronica Mars pilot is also free on iTunes at the moment! (via Blastr)
Deviantart’s TaoShin is working on a series of Grumpy Cat Disney images, and this one, titled “The Circle of No,” was too majestic to miss. “Hakuna Matata! It Means NO company for the rest of your days. It’s a don’t bother me philosophy, Hakuna Matata!” (via Neatorama)