Things We Saw Today: Directors Damien Chazelle and Barry Jenkins Sharing the Cover of Variety
Those Oscars on Sunday, amirite? Well, now Variety has released its post-Oscar issue featuring both Best Director Oscar winner, Damien Chazelle, and the director of the Best Picture Oscar winner, Moonlight, Barry Jenkins. Traditionally, the Variety “morning after” issue has the Best Director winner on the cover, but after the snafu shenanigans of Oscar night, Chazelle’s camp asked for Jenkins to join him on the cover. So, one guy is Best Director, but doesn’t have Best Picture. The other has Best Picture, but not Best Director. However, judging by the interview and video over at Variety, both men have huge amounts of class.
- Supergirl EP Andrew Kreisberg compared Kara to Barack Obama in the way that they each always have to be perfect. Um…we think he might be missing a racial component to his comparison. (via ComicBook.com)
- Disney CEO Bob Iger may be considering running for President. And why shouldn’t he? If our current President has taught us anything is that literally anyone can be President. (via The Hollywood Reporter)
- Because hatred from The White House emboldens hatred all over the country, four mosques have been burned in the past seven weeks. (via Buzzfeed)
This adorable 10-year-old trans girl, Rebekah, wants to show the world that transgender people aren’t scary at all. (via The Huffington Post)
- Stephen Colbert should basically be the last word on Trump’s recent speech to Congress. (via The Hollywood Reporter)
- Lady Gaga is set to replace Beyonce as the headliner at Coachella! (via NPR)
- Go check out the Twitter feed for ARRAY, Ava DuVernay’s independent film distribution collective. Today, in honor of Women’s History Month, they’ve been doing a 12-hour Rebel-a-Thon where the feed is taken over by female directors! (via The Los Angeles Times)
That’s all for today! You see anything awesome out there?
(featured image via Variety)
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—
Have a tip we should know? firstname.lastname@example.org