Turns out that TV’s corporate lawyers were none too happy about the return of the Stephen Colbert character on The Late Show, because apparently, Stephen Colbert no longer has the rights to, uh, be Stephen Colbert. So, he introduced us all to Stephen Colbert’s twin cousin, Stephen Colbert. What’s a twin cousin? The explanation for that is no more confusing than any of the rest of this paragraph! (via The Verge)
- Pokemon GO is supposed to use its pedometer technology to help you hatch Pokemon eggs, but … the pedometer just doesn’t work very well.
- J.K. Rowling is understandably miffed about her image being used without her permission for this “How to write a bestseller” writing workshop.
- Speaking of Harry Potter, Collider’s got a long essay up on how the series became such a cultural flashpoint for millennials. (Enough to convince them not to vote for Trump, perhaps!)
- The latest Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 teaser features some Baby Groot details.
- Love the music from Stranger Things? The soundtrack is on its way.
- HBO has laid off several veteran cast-members on Sesame Street (via Forbes). That makes the experience of watching this mash-up music video of Sesame Street with DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince feel a lot more bittersweet … but it’s still amazing.
What’d you see today?
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—
Have a tip we should know? [email protected]