Hideo Kojima Unveils MGS Clothing Line at UNIQLO; Fandemonium Ensues [Pics]
Hideo Kojima is a man of many talents: In addition to being the legendary game designer behind the Metal Gear Solid series, he’s also a fashion plate. Following the release of Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker for PSP a few days ago, Kojima showed up to New York City clothing store UNIQLO to show off a limited-edition line of t-shirts inspired by the game, which launched today. Kojima was at the store from 12:00pm to 2:00pm EDT, and in that narrow window, hundreds of fans showed up to get their Metal Gear Solid gear signed, check out the shirts, and get a gander of one of the great gaming masterminds of our time.
Geekosystem checked it out, and here’s what we saw:
- Uniqlo. This is what it looks like.
- Lines. And lines, and lines. The line to get inside the store wrapped around three blocks, and within the store there were still a fair number of people you needed to get through to see the man himself.
And block 3.
- Sweet, sweet merch. Throughout the store: Here are a few shots.
And here’s the abstract for the shirts. Note that this is not a photograph. (via)
- Hideo Kojima. Yeah, these pictures turned out inexplicably blurry; sorry about that. This may have something to do with the chaff grenade Kojima threw immediately before we took them. (Not actually.) Still, there he is.
Update: Geekosystem intern Michael Suen nabbed a better one.
- Hideo Kojima’s autograph. A pair of gracious fans let us grab this picture of their triumph: Three Hideo Kojima autographs, one of them shiny.
If you’re in the area but missed out on Kojima’s Uniqlo appearance and want to catch him later in the day, don’t fret; he’ll be at Best Buy in Union Square from 6 to 8 tonight.
Have a tip we should know? [email protected]