Comic-Con: While You Were Sleeping, Part 2
It's A World of Laughter A World of Tears
If you were at Comic-Con International in San Diego today, this is what you’d see. Here we have the aerial view of Hall H taken by Kara Warner from MTV. I’m speechless. Moving on, yesterday we brought you a roundup of the first day’s biggest announcements and we’re back to fill you in with what went down on Day 2 of the pop-culture show. Hit the jump to read about what went down at the Firefly reunion panel, some interesting stories from the DC and Marvel Comics panels, check out a new Walking Dead trailer, hear about new Game of Thrones cast members and a whole lot more!
- At the ParaNorman panel, Christopher Mintz-Plasse revealed shooting for Kick-Ass 2 should start in September. He said, “You heard it from me first, and now I’m probably gonna get my butt kicked.” (via Deadline)
- Meanwhile, the showrunners of Community basically told everyone they weren’t going to screw things up. They also said they’d definitely be covering more Inspector Spacetime in the upcoming final season. (via io9)
- ComingSoon reported on a few tidbits of X-Men: First Class sequel news. “I’m not allowed to even breathe a word of any sort of details but I can say that the things that we thought worked well in First Class were the characters, especially the four or five lead characters. The Charles-Erik relationship was obviously incredibly resonant and James and Michael did such an amazing job as those characters. Jen Lawrence and Nick Hoult, that’s a really interesting relationship between Raven and Hank, so we’re really going to be focusing on character and personally I really liked the period aspect of ‘First Class’ so we may well do that,” said producer Simon Kinberg.
- AMC’s The Walking Dead premiered a new trailer for Season 3. Here it is:
- Some interesting developments occurred at the DC Comics panels yesterday. Kyrax2, the lady we all know and love for asking about women creators at last year’s SDCC, asked about the return of Stephanie Brown as Nightwing via Bryan Q. Miller’s Smallville comic. “The first rumor wasn’t known by us and I have not heard of the second in the halls of DC, so I can’t comment,” said moderator and DC’s VP of marketing John Cunningham. “But there was art!” said Kyrax. “Are you going to believe art or are you going to believe us?” said writer Scott Lobdell. First of all, I can’t believe their VP of marketing hadn’t “heard” about this, especially considering Miller talked about it in interviews on several major websites. Go figure. The rumor now is that it will be Barbara Gordon in place of Stephanie. (via DC Women Kicking Ass)
- Meanwhile, Marvel Comics announced some Avenger’s vs. X-Men spin-offs, one being Skottie Young’s Avengers Babies vs. X-Men Babies. Adorable. (via Digital Spy)
- The Eisner Awards also took place last night and the complete winners list is on the CC website but we must give a huge round of applause to Archaia and
Ramón K. Pérez, who took home three awards for Jim Henson’s Tale of Sand.
- Actress Diana Rigg (Mrs. Peel from the original Avengers) is one of a few new cast members joining HBO’s Game of Thrones next season. She’ll be playing Lady Olenna Tyrell. HBO also posted a nice YouTube video with all the new actors introducing themselves. (via MTV)
- And finally, you may have heard the cast of Joss Whedon’s Firefly was getting together for a reunion panel. Lots of fun things were said but there’s one bit we’d like to highlight. Give it a watch. With tissues. (Read more at io9) Our sister site Geekosystem has the entire panel if you’re interested.
Have a tip we should know? [email protected]