Six video game couples that have stuck with me over the years, each representing a different sort of love.
Things We Saw Today: Zombie Wedding Photos
by Susana Polo | 5:03 pm, June 29th, 2012
Deyanna and Dustin’s wedding photos were taken by Rachel Krieshauser, and you can see more of them at Offbeat Bride.
- Somebody set up a fake Kickstarter to put Daenerys Targaryen on the Iron Throne. (The Frisky)
- Game programming mom and dad find themselves founding a game company… and making a game with their four daughters. (Kotaku)
A part of me is disappointed in this collection of Star Wars family decals (more at link) for not having more options for little girls, but I guess I just have to blame that on Star Wars itself and remember that Mandalorian and Storm Trooper armor can be gender neutral. (Nerd Approved)
- Nora Ephron talks about women writers, and that’s definitely worth a listen. (Jezebel)
- Hey, so remember when DC was all “We made a gay Green Lantern! Isn’t that so cool?” Well, according to a preview out today, Alan Scott’s boyfriend Sam is going to be killed in the second issue he appears in. Great.
Here’s our first look at Becky Cloonan‘s art for Batman #12. It’ll make her one of the only women to have ever done the art for a continually running Batman comic, a position so rare that in seventy-three years of publication, she’s nearly the first. (Comic Book Resources)
Here’s some Legend of Korra fan art by Artgerm, and it’s pretty rad. (Deviant Art)
- Duster is a graphic novel on Kickstarter about a mother bending gender roles during WWII by piloting a crop duster in order to earn money. Then she fights Nazis. There’s a 40 page preview if you’d like to check it out.
The cookies are a lie. (That’s Nerdalicious!)