Things We Saw Today: Lucy Liu Was On the Set of Luke Cage Season 2…But Why?
Lucy Liu was on the set of Luke Cage Season 2 as it filmed in Harlem, as confirmed by this photo posted by the owner of the Harlem Coffee Co, where the show had been shooting. Obviously, Liu may be guest-starring in an episode or a story arc on the show. However, it’s also possible that she was there directing an episode! After having directed several episodes of Elementary, she could very easily be keeping up her directing game on Luke Cage. While I’d love to see her performing on the show, I’d be much more excited to hear about her directing. (via ScreenRant)
- In more Luke Cage news, set photos reveal a kissing scene between Mike Colter’s Luke and Rosario Dawson’s Claire Temple. (via ScreenRant)
- Wonder Woman crossed the $200 million threshold domestically and has made over $430 million worldwide so far. Because of course it has. (via CBR.com)
- Microsoft has finally announced what “Project Scorpio” actually is. It’s their new console, officially called Xbox One X, and it will be in stores in November. (via Kotaku)
- The Babadook’s place as a gay icon is now firmly entrenched, and he’s been partying hard all Pride weekend. (via Jezebel)
- Oprah Winfrey and Ava DuVernay had an amazing conversation about their friendship and their professional relationship at yesterday’s Produced By Conference. (via The Hollywood Reporter)
That’s all for today! Hope you’re all having an amazing weekend!
(image: Krista Kennell/Shutterstock)
Want more stories like this? Become a subscriber and support the site!
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—