Things We Didn’t See Today: The Apparently Amazing Avengers: Infinity War Footage
At the D23 Expo, Disney’s massive biannual meeting of the Official Disney Fan Club, Marvel Studios shared some footage of Thanos battling the Avengers from Avengers: Infinity War. Unlike many other D23 reveals, it wasn’t simultaneously broadcast online – but it was apparently awesome. io9 said it “blows away even your wildest expectations“. MTV.com called it “spectacular,” and Polgyon wrote that “the Marvel we’ve dreamt of for a decade is real.” So…I guess this is a good sign?
Disney went all-out today for the D23 Expo, so I apologize that the rest of these bullets are also mostly about Disney properties.
- Despite how “difficult” some racists thought it might be, Disney’s live-action Aladdin has found its title character in Mena Massoud. Naomi Scott (Power Rangers) will play Jasmine, and Will Smith will play the Genie. (via Entertainment Weekly)
- Production has begun on the live-action Mulan, but its release date was pushed back to accommodate a Nutcracker remake in which Misty Copeland will play the lead ballerina. (via The Hollywood Reporter)
- NPR workers are reportedly close to a strike after management unveiled some pretty terrible proposed cuts. You can also learn more about the staff’s concerns and demands under the hashtag #WeMakeNPR
- Disney also released a teaser for Mary Poppins.
— Walt Disney Studios (@DisneyStudios) July 15, 2017
- Luc Besson is already working on two sequels to Valerian. “I’m just happy to write it,” he told Nerdist. “I’m enjoying writing it. So I don’t even wait. I’m just writing for myself. I finished the [sequel] already, then I [got] bored a month ago, so I said ‘let’s write the third.'”
(Featured image via Marvel Studios)
Want more stories like this? Become a subscriber and support the site!
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—
Have a tip we should know? email@example.com