Things We Saw Today: Katniss as Rosie the Riveter
Things We Saw Today
Ahh, sarcastic Hunger Games propaganda posters. We love them. College Humor has more where this came from.
- To protest Spain’s austerity measures, Madrid’s prostitute trade organization is boycotting bankers. They say it’s going really well. (The Frisky)
- Julia Rubin delivers a post on body image, genetics, raising daughters and plastic surgery all in one. (Styleite)
- The landlord of a Maryland clinic that provides abortions has found a clever, relatively polite, and clearly effective method of dealing with protesters who cross the line by placing repeated, unwanted calls to his family’s phone. (The Washington Post)
- Reg Braithwaite tells the story of the hurdles placed in front of his mother when she began career in compter programming, simply because she was a woman and black, in two posts, here and here.
Daniel Radcliffe reveals that he is familiar with the probabilistic likelihood of various kinds of hater behavior, specifically as concerned with hating. Now somebody photoshop Tina Fey’s daughter in there. (BuzzFeed)
- We told you about some Community people who might be working on Captain America 2 today, but there’s plenty of stuff that other people on the show are doing, and Parks and Rec too! (ThinkProgress)