Things We Saw Today: Jon Hamm Is Joining the Star Wars Universe as the Voice of Boba Fett!
Star Wars: From a Certain Point of View is a collection of 40 stories, written by 40 authors, from the perspectives of 40 characters from the Star Wars universe. If that doesn’t sound exciting enough—first of all, I don’t understand you. But more importantly, the full cast for the audiobook has just been announced and holy wow is it amazing.
Jon Hamm is getting the most attention, and we are very excited to hear his Boba Fett! But check out the rest of the cast (including Neil Patrick Harris, Wil Wheaton, The Toast’s Mallory Ortberg, and Star Wars alum Ashley Eckstein).
I want to frame that, everything about it is so beautiful.
- Blizzard says development is stalling on Overwatch because the game’s team is too busy patrolling the toxic behavior of its players. Hey trolls, you want more games? Stop being jerks. (via Polygon)
- Exciting news! HBO has closed a development deal to adapt Nnedi Okorafor’s post-apocalyptic fantasy novel Who Fears Death into a series. Oh, and it’s being produced by some guy you might have heard of. (via Pajiba)
- Major ups to Rose City Comic Con in Portland, which has banned all Nazi symbols and references, including old-school Hydra and Red Skull cosplay. Because Nazis aren’t fun. (via i09)
- Wonder Woman 2 has brought on The Expendables’ Dave Callaham to write the script. That choice feels … underwhelming. (via Creators.co)
- We haven’t waded into the mess happening over at Alamo Drafthouse and Birth.Movies.Death, but it’s, well, a horrible mess. (via Daily Beast)
- Attention, witch enthusiasts with knowledge of 17th century archaic Latin and English! The Chicago Newberry Library would like your assistance in translating some spells. (via Nerdist)
That’s it on my end! What did you all see out there in your corners of the internet?
Want more stories like this? Become a subscriber and support the site!
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—
Have a tip we should know? email@example.com