Things We Saw Today: Anne Hathaway Regrets Not Trusting Past Director Because She Was a Woman
Anne Hathaway continues to prove she was undeserving of the incredible amount of hate she endured for years by owning up to a past mistake. The Colossal actress admits she didn’t trust a past director because she was a woman. It can be hard to identify internalized misogyny let alone fess up to is so I must commend her for speaking up about it. “I really regret not trusting her more easily,” she said. “And I am to this day scared that the reason I didn’t trust her the way I trust some of the other directors I work with is because she’s a woman.” (via ABC News)
- These girls may not have a home, but they still abide but the Girl Scout Law. Meet NYC’s first troop made up of only homeless girls. (via New York Times)
- Virtual reality is the future. So says director Ridley Scott, who just launched his own VR division. (via Road to VR)
- Riz Ahmed is on the cover of Time Magazine. That is all. (via Twitter)
- There’s a very good reason Kylo Ren’s scar was moved for The Last Jedi. (via The Daily Dot)
- HBO has released new photos from season 7 of that show we try not to talk about, but I couldn’t resist sharing this adorable moment between Brienne and Tormund. Mostly because they are great, and the world needs to know this. There are some other pics that you can enjoy here but let’s just take a moment to bask in this glorious OTP. (via Vanity Fair)
That’s it on on my end. What did you all find?
Want more stories like this? Become a subscriber and support the site!
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—
Have a tip we should know? [email protected]