Google celebrates what would have been Amelia Earhart’s 115th birthday with their beautiful Google doodle.
- The Frisky shows us what a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle bra looks like. Hint: it might scare people off if you flashed it.
- Susan Juhl, wife of the late Jerry Juhl and Jim Henson Company writer, remembers the late Sally Ride in a lovely piece.
- I had completely forgotten Syfy was going to do a Booster Gold TV series so it was a nice surprise to read writer Andrew Kreisberg is turning in his script next month. (via MTV Splash Page)
You’ve seen the ultra-realistic Avengers Loki and Black Widow statues and perhaps you were saving up money for them. You might want to wait on that. They’re making one for Agent Coulson. This is our teaser shot. (via Topless Robot)
- A plethora of Batman-related news. Firstly, Warner Bros. are planning to donate a substantial amount of money to the victims of the Aurora shooting. (via Digital Spy)
- Like his director and fellow actors, Joseph Gordon-Levitt has released a statement about the tragedy. “”My most sincere sympathies go out to the families of the victims in Aurora,” he wrote on Twitter.
- DC Comics have announced they’ll be delaying the release of Batman Incorporated #3 due to some imagery they feel is inappropriate considering the circumstances. (via MTV Geek)
- Christopher Nolan wrote a goodbye to his Batman franchise the foreword to The Art and Making of The Dark Knight Trilogy. ” I will miss the Batman. I like to think that he’ll miss me, but he’s never been particularly sentimental,” he writes. ComingSoon has the full piece.
Once again, Leonard Nimoy proves how awesome he is.
- Portal 2’s Space Core is going to space! For real! Thanks, anonymous NASA worker! (via Geekosystem)
- A new documentary, Ecstasy of Order: The Tetris Masters, focuses on gamers who have devoted their lives to perfecting their puzzling techniques. (via Pop Candy)
Have a tip we should know? email@example.com