Things We Saw Today: Tom Hiddleston Gets A Drawing Of Loki
Things We Saw Today
This is a screen capture from Gingerhaze’s (Noelle Stevenson) tumblr of a screen capture she took from The Avenger’s actor Tom Hiddleston’s twitter. Someone gave him one of her Loki illustrations. Take note of what she typed under the photo. Yup, that about says it all. Actually, she later posted, “how am i supposed to do anything ever again.” THAT says it all.
- A recent magazine cover article featuring an Islamic woman in a body paint veil is causing controversy. (via The Frisky)
- The space shuttle Enterprise took a flight around NYC before landing at JFK to make its way to the Intrepid museum today, much like Discovery did not too long ago. And Leonard Nimoy was totally there to watch. (via Reuters)
Star Wars meets Adventure Time as Jake turns into an AT-AT! (via Fashionably Geek)
- Penny Arcade posted a video that examines the issue of harassment and bad behavior in online gaming, particularly in games that use voice chat. It offers some possible solutions that could be implemented by companies that would use the existing technology, and some simple but creative coding, to allow the community to naturally and seamlessly silence people who act out.
- Playboy Magazine has an interview with comic writer Grant Morrison (and an interesting Frank Quietly illustration). (via Comics Alliance)
- Becky Allen writes – On Female Characters: This Isn’t Highlander. There Can Be More Than One.
- Tor describes their disappointment in the treatment of velociraptors in mainstream media.
- The winner of the Vancouver Film School’s Women in Games Scholarship has been announced. Congratulations, Kristina Soltvedt Wiik! (via Gaming Angels)
- Speaking of things happening in Canada, Dan Aykroyd’s Ghostbusters 2 costume is going to be displayed at the Museum of Natural History in Halifax. (via Ghostbusters News)