Things We Saw Today: Lots of April Fools’ Day Gags
As they have become famous for, ThinkGeek.com rolled out a bunch of “new” products today. Unfortunately they’re all April Fools’ Day jokes. The one we’re most upset over? The Klingon Rosetta Stone. Because seriously, I’ve always wanted to learn Klingon. But also, the Unicorn Drinking Horn (pictured above) should go into production immediately. Only larger. Much larger.
- While we’ve been having our own brand of fun today, our sister site Geekosystem details Netflix’s mouth-watering prank. But if you visit their front page you’ll get another treat.
- Holy crap – after a four-year hiatus, the Homestar Runner site has been updated.
- Not only did BioWare pretend to offer a Garrus body pillow, they were real jerks about it. Jerks.
- LinkedIn wanted to connect you to cats you may know. Also, jerks.
- Tumblr announced “Tumblr Pro.” (via Cheezburger)
- Hulu launched “spinoff season” which included a Hannibal Lecter cooking show. (via The Wrap)
- CERN has decided to officially switch to Comic Sans.
- Pluto.tv wants Pluto to be a planet again. (via PR Newswire)
And then there was this…
- In non-April Fools’ news (we swear), Lindsay Lohan told MTV she almost had a role in Joss Whedon’s The Avengers. (via Digital Spy)
- Kelly Sue DeConnick is doing Prometheus comics for Dark Horse! (via Comics Alliance)
And finally today, GeekMom tells us how we can all create Game of Thrones weirwood tree steaks.