Things We Saw Today: Our First Official Look At a Gotham Character!
Things We Saw Today
…and it’s Donal Logue‘s Harvey Bullock? Not the most splashy option to start off your marketing campaign with, but they have a plan, I guess. Reminder: Last week we shared some very ununofficial snaps of James Gordon and the Penguin. (Deadline)
- Blogger Lady Geek Girl tackles Firefly‘s cultural appropriation issue and combs through the cast to decide which of them should have been racebent. We like her conclusion.
- Westboro Baptist Church founder Fred Phelps is dead. He was 84. Here is my favorite Tweet on the matter. (The Frisky)
Neatorama shares 25 Amazing Behind-the-Scenes Photos of Star Wars from Star Wars‘ official Instagram account, which has 200+ snaps so far.
- In sequel news: J.K. Simmons is in talks to play “a weary and alcoholic detective who has followed a bizarre case involving Sarah Connor and robots for more than three decades” in Terminator: Genesis. And Disney CEO Bob Iger reveals that, while we’ve already gone through the release date and director rigamarole with Pirates of the Caribbean 5, it has yet to be officially greenlit. (Collider, ComicBookMovie.com)
- Suicide Squad co-creator John Ostrander has spoken out against Arrow‘s thin version of Amanda Waller, played by Cynthia Addai-Robinson, saying: “I think the changes made in her appearance are misguided. There were and are reasons why she looked the way she did. I wanted her to seem formidable and visually unlike anyone else out there. Making her young and svelte and sexy loses that. She becomes more like everyone else. She lost part of what made her unique.” (Blastr)
- I had a little Divergent-mocking fun over at Pajiba with YA dystopia Mad Libs. Come join me!