Well here’s something I never thought I’d see. Harley Quinn dressed up as Superman. You can thank Eric Stettmeier of the Toyriffic blog for swapping Harley into all sorts of personas. You’ll also see her as Wonder Woman, a Stormtrooper, Bob Ross and more. Yes, I said Bob Ross. Now check out what else we saw today.
- In yesterday’s Things We Saw, we linked to Kelly Thompson’s wonderful piece about objectification of women vs. men in comic books. Today, Gail Simone adds a few thoughts of her own on the subject.
- Dig out your scrunchies! The Hunger Games cast is going to do a U.S mall tour to promote the film starting March 3 in L.A. (via Deadline)
- An amusing, yet truthful look at Game of Thrones and illegal downloading by the Oatmeal.
A recap from the BBC of the UK’s Being Human, ala the Real World. Season 4 premieres this Saturday on BBC America!
- 10 members of Congress pose for NOH8 marriage equality photos. (via Huffington Post)
- Robin Hobb’s new sci-fi short story tackles the subject of female genital mutilation as a fad. Hobb, who also goes by the name Megan Lindholm, is up for a Nebular Award for the story titled Cut. (via Wired)
- Meredith Zeitlin writes a new YA novel called Freshman Year & Other Unnatural Disasters. There’s an interview with the author as well as a book giveaway. “I think ‘dumbing down’ is the biggest problem I’ve seen in books for kids—of any age,” said Zeitlin. “Good, clean, thoughtful writing is just as important as a great idea, in my opinion. Maybe that’s because I’m the daughter of an English teacher, but it makes me nuts when I read books that just…aren’t well-written.” (via Women on Writing)
Mad Men’s Joan Holloway (Christina Hendricks) as illustrated by the lovely Amanda Conner. (via Keane On Comics)
- Actor Colin Donnell has been cast as Merlyn in the CW Green Arrow pilot. (via MTV)
- Meanwhile, Milo Ventimiglia of Heroes/Gilmore Girls fame has landed a role in Frank Darabont’s L.A. Noir drama series for TNT. (via Deadline)
- And finally today, read the truth about books bound in human skin…if you dare! Mwuahahahaha! (via io9)
Have a tip we should know? [email protected]