Things We Saw Today: A Giant Stuffed Cthulhu For Your Baby’s Nursery
Things We Saw Today
by Rebecca Pahle | 5:00 pm, September 23rd, 2013
- Pepsi is collaborating with clothing company A Bathing Ape for a line of fancy camo soda cans. As you can see on The Frisky, their graphic designer really messed up one of the ads. Might want to choose a new font, indeed.
- Comix Chix lists their favorite Important Social, Political and Autobiographical Comic Makin’ Ladies.
- Visitors to Universal Orlando’s Halloween Horror nights will find something unexpected in the An American Werewolf in London maze: A TARDIS. “We had that in our warehouse forever and we needed to fill a space,” says Creative Director Michael Aiello. Hey, Michael, I wouldn’t mind taking it off your hands… (Zap2it)
- The website for a London science talk held by Entangled Bank Events warns “fanatical, misandristic ‘feminist[s]'” (their words), not to “drone on about the lack of women in the line-up and despatch abusive, mis-spelt, ungrammatical missives to the organisers and presenters… Please save your talents for Twitter and Facebook, that is what they are for. We’re actually very disappointed that none of our female invitees accepted, but that is just how it was. As scientists we have no choice but to accept reality.” After people saw that mind-boggling bit of offensiveness and all the traffic caused their site to crash they passed it off as a joke. Well I don’t think it’s funny, but that must because I’m a fanatical feminist who’s disconnected from reality. (Jezebel)
- Gail Simone writes about her site Women In Refrigerators being chosen as the #3 Most Powerful Website Of All Time by Mental Floss magazine.