Things We Saw Today: Build-A-Bear Workshop Embraces My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
Things We Saw Today
Among the outfits you can dress Build-a-Bear’s new Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash plushes in are capes, skirts, rainbow skates and, my favorite, a knight costume. Head to Nerd Approved for more pictures.
- The Frisky shares 9 Things Spock Would Say About Dating. Who knew he was such a romantic?
- Remember the rumor that Matthew McConaughey would star in Christopher Nolan‘s next movie, Interstellar? McConaughey confirmed it. Alright alright alright. (/Film)
Please tell me this The Walking Dead cake is red velvet. (That’s Nerdalicious)
- Via Geekosystem, today is “International Talk Like Batman Day” in Kelowna, British Columbia. And in our hearts.
- Rian Johnson, director of Looper, Brick, and The Brothers Bloom, says his next film will be “cyberpunk” and “very different than Looper,” though “still sci-fi.” Joseph Gordon-Levitt will presumably be in it somewhere. (blastr)
- Entertainment Weekly has an oral history of Jurassic Park with a lot of neat stuff in it, but nothing caught my eye quite like this quote from casting director Janet Hirshenson about Ian Malcolm: “I read the book and I thought of Jeff Goldblum right away. There were several other people we taped for the part, though. Jim Carrey had come in and he was terrific, too, but I think pretty quickly we all loved the idea of Jeff.” I’m going back and forth between being horrified at the idea of a non-Golblum Ian Malcolm and pleased that everyone knew Goldblum would be the best from the start. (The Wrap)
- On April Fools’ Day Bryan Singer tweeted that Lady Gaga would be joining the cast of X-Men: Days of Future Past as Dazzler. Variety, thoroughly fooled, ran it as a real story. Trust no one, Variety. (FilmDrunk)