Things We Saw Today: What If J. Jonah Jameson Ran The Daily Planet?
This hilarious fan video splices together Spider-Man footage of J.K. Simmons’ J. Jonah Jameson with Man of Steel and Batman V. Superman footage from Amy Adams’ Lois Lane and Henry Cavill’s Clark Kent. I got such a kick out of watching Simmons’ campy, cigar-chomping character come up against Adams’ and Cavill’s washed-out, self-serious ones. (via io9)
- Come home with me, little BB-8 toy! A super-cute BB-8 toy that whistles and follows after you like a loyal puppy was revealed at this year’s Toy Fair, and I want one. (via io9)
- The LEGO Batman Movie remains the #1 movie at the domestic box office this weekend, despite competition from newcomers like The Great Wall. Fifty Shades Darker stayed in second. (via Collider)
- David Thewlis, who played Lupin in the Harry Potter movies, will reportedly play the villain Ares in Wonder Woman. The article only cites “multiple sources,” so I’d take it with a grain of salt, but given that Thewlis’ specific role in the film hadn’t been previously announced, it wouldn’t totally surprise me. (via Batman News)
- Want to see a wall of dancing baby Groots? Check out the Nerdist’s Toy Fair recap.
- As part of an A-Force six pack, Lady Sif, Monica Rambeau, Elsa Bloodstone, and She-Hulk are all getting their own Marvel figures this year. Hooray! (via io9)
(Image via screengrab)
Want more stories like this? Become a subscriber and support the site!
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—
Have a tip we should know? [email protected]