Things We Saw Today: The Rock and Lin-Manuel Miranda Take Us Behind the Scenes of Millennials: The Musical
Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson and Lin-Manuel Miranda were pretty busy with Moana, but they decided to put their producing chops to the test by releasing a mockumentary short coming to YouTube. Millennials: The Musical comes out on Johnson’s Youtube channel 11/29, but here’s a look behind the scenes. (via MTV)
- Oh, deer. Domino’s in Japan wants to start delivering pizza via reindeer and will probably run over your grandma in the process. (via Eater)
- Gee willikers, who would’ve thunk? Kotaku shared a study from Indiana University that confirms Twitch viewers comment differently when women are streaming vs when men are.(Seriously though, the graphs are pretty telling and worth a look.)
- A biopic about South African singer and apartheid activist Miriam Makeba is in the making. (via Women and Hollywood)
- UK couple David and Sarah are recreating iconic movie scenes with their cats. What are you doing with your life? (via Geekologie)
- This is not a drill: Michelle Yeoh will appear in Star Trek: Discovery. (via The Daily Dot)
I don’t know how to react to this Chinese Mad Max rip-off titled Mad Shelia except to tell you it exists. (via io9)
That’s what we saw today, what did you see?
Want more stories like this? Become a subscriber and support the site!
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—