Things We Saw Today: “Gandalf Doesn’t Do Weddings,” Ian McKellen Turned Down $1.5 Million Officiation Request
Heads up to those of you in the middle of wedding planning: Gandalf will not go to your wedding, and he most certainly won’t bust a move. In a Daily Mail interview, Ian McKellen reveals he was offered $1.5 million to officiate Silicon Valley tycoon Sean Parker’s LOTR-themed wedding as Gandalf, but refused because “Gandalf doesn’t do weddings.” Anyway, here’s a throwback to the beautiful wedding between Patrick Stewart and Sunny Odell which McKellen did officiate. (via Jezebel)
- It’s only awkward if you make it awkward, but Burger Fiction‘s NSFW-ish new supercut of awkward movie moments will have you cringing. (via Laughing Squid)
- Wanna know what shows you should be watching? Head over to io9 for a comprehensive guide and breakdown of all the sci-fi and fantasy shows on TV this fall!
- Jen Dziura’s Medium post titled “I Want to See a Gender-Swapped Version of Every Movie. Literally Every One.” delightfully imagines gender-swapped versions of everything from Harold and Kumar to The Sopranos.
- Don’t miss John Oliver’s segment on charter schools on yesterday’s Last Week Tonight.
- This video that tests whether a paper saw can cut through wood is making rounds and makes your paper cut look weak. (via Popular Science)
James Gunn shared some concept art from Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2. Gunn says in the comments that it’s “evocative of the hundred of pulp magazine covers within that style” and “Baby Groot can be a little oblivious.”
That’s what we saw today, what did you see?
Want more stories like this? Become a subscriber and support the site!
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—
Follow The Mary Sue on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, Pinterest, & Google+.
Have a tip we should know? [email protected]