Things We Saw Today: Sewing Patterns for the DC Comics Bombshells Heroines
If you’re a cosplay aficionado who’s been looking to create a costume from DC Comics Bombshells, that task just got a lot easier, thanks to this new line-up of sewing patterns from Simplicity. They’ve got designs in stock for Supergirl, Batgirl, and Wonder Woman. Can’t sew? No worries! Hot Topic still has a limited edition line available of ready-made Bombshells outfits. Batgirl and Supergirl have sold out by now, but you can still get Wonder Woman and Harley Quinn duds. There’s also a bunch of official swimsuit versions for beach-loving cosplayers. (via Comics Beat)
- We already told you about Monopoly: The Musical earlier today. In other Monopoly-related news, USAopoly is creating an Attack On Titan-themed version of the board game! (via CBR)
- This online quiz asks you whether you can tell the difference between the names of Tolkien’s fictional elves and the names of various prescription drugs. It’s really hard. (via Boing Boing)
- This dance troupe incorporated drones into their ballet choreography.
- At Indy PopCon this weekend, TMS contributor Sara Goodwin snapped a pic of these fun Star Trek cosplays, featuring some troubling Tribbles:
- In honor of Pride Week, Comics Alliance has made the case for a bisexual Aquaman.
- This article at The Guardian written in defense of The Killing Joke‘s depiction of rape has got the internet abuzz today. Gail Simone’s timeline on Twitter serves as a compelling counterpoint and a reminder of how various writers (including Simone) have subsequently contributed to Barbara Gordon’s characterization. If Babs seems “strong” now, one could argue that it’s because of that subsequent work, not because of The Killing Joke.
See anything else out there today?
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—
Follow The Mary Sue on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, Pinterest, & Google+.
Have a tip we should know? [email protected]