Things We Saw Today: Stranger Things Prequel Book Coming, to Focus on Eleven’s Mother
Netflix’s Stranger Things is expanding onto the book world. According to Deadline, the show has a partnership with Penguin Books, which will lead to the production. So far, there are two titles coming out by 2019, a behind-the-scenes companion book and a hardcover young readers title.
The companion book is titled Stranger Things: World Turned Upside Down: The Official Behind-The-Scenes Companion and is said to offer “advice, wisdom, and warnings from the Stranger Things world.”
The prequel novel, which will be written by author Gwenda Bond, will be about Eleven’s mother, Terry Ives, and the MKUltra program. Bond was also the author of the fantastic Lois Lane young adult books.
It’s about Eleven’s mother Terry and her intersection with the MKUltra program and you’re going to get to know and love her in a whole new way. I’m SO EXCITED.
— Gwenda Bond (@Gwenda) June 8, 2018
Additional titles for both age ranges will arrive later in 2019.
- The Netflix series Anne with an E is returning to the streaming site on July 6th. The trailer is out and looks very bright and vibrant. I need to catch up on season one! (via IndieWire)
- Alex Wolff speaks to Den of Geek about Hereditary, the horror movie all the film buffs say is amazing. (via Den of Geek)
- That Sonic movie that seemed to come out of nowhere has a really good cast, adding Tika Sumpter to star alongside James Marsden. Again … where is Knuckles tho? (via Shadow and Act)
- Bitch magazine releases an amazing article from their January issue about female storytellers are reshaping the narratives around women and chronic illness. (via Bitch)
- The showrunner for Luke Cage revealed the episode titles for the upcoming season and I’m sure there are people already looking for Easter eggs. (via CBR)
(via The Verge, image: Netflix)
Want more stories like this? Become a subscriber and support the site!
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—
Have a tip we should know? [email protected]