Bagginses & Proudfoots! We Are Proud To Present The LEGO Lord of the Rings Trailer!
There And Back Again
We found out late last year the LEGO secured the rights to create toys based on J.R.R. Tolkien’s The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit. Or really, Peter Jackson’s films of the same name. It wasn’t stated back then but we assumed a video game would follow. And it has. Get a paper bag ready in case you hyperventalate while watching the new LEGO The Lord of the Rings trailer like I did.
It’s just…so…cute! Or should I say, precious? Everything you’ve come to expect from the LEGO video games and perhaps more considering we’re hearing the voices of the film actors. And although I’m a huge Batman fan, I think I’m looking forward to this more than LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes. But only because I’ve gotten to play a LEGO Batman game before.
Here’s some info from the official site:
- Explore all of the open-world of Middle-earth and experience epic battles with Orcs, Uruk-hai, the Balrog, the Witch-king, and other fearsome creatures.
- Wield the power of the Palantír or Seeing-stone (‘one that looks far-away’), and jump between multiple storylines.
- Experience the LEGO The Lord of the Rings heroes come to life in an all new way, as they deliver the dialogue from the films.
- Collect, combine and forge new items in the Blacksmith Shop using Mithril, the most precious metal in Middle-earth.
- Discover and unlock over more than 60 playable characters, including Frodo, Aragorn, Gandalf, and many others.
- Collect and use a variety of weaponry and magical items, including the Light of Earendil, Elven rope, swords, and bows.
- Play with family and friends with easy access drop-in, drop-out gameplay option.
The game covers Fellowship of the Ring, The Two Towers, and The Return of the King so don’t expect to see a sequel after this. Though you will most likely get one based on The Hobbit sometime between Jackson’s two-part film releases.
Will you be picking this one up?
(via Topless Robot)
Have a tip we should know? firstname.lastname@example.org