Ring in the New Year With Even More Rumors About the Justice League Movie
It’s pretty much impossible to go two weeks without another batch of speculation making the rounds about the upcoming Justice League movie. Even though it isn’t set to hit theaters for another two years, the plot, villain, and general character details are continuously being brought up for debate, and Warner Bros. hasn’t been in a confirming mood. So it’s hard to say whether something’s even remotely legitimate, but the most recent news includes a nice bevy of character tidbits.
When it comes right down to it, I want to believe. Take all of this with a grain of salt, of course, but Cosmic Book News has a bunch of notes on which characters are set to appear and in what capacity:
- Superman is essentially the same character from Man of Steel, and Zack Snyder is consulting regarding the writing of the character.
- Batman: The strategist of the group. Batman doesn’t really want to be involved with these super powered beings he considers too powerful. Easily the most complex written.
- Wonder Woman: She has only been in man’s world a few short months. The Wonder Woman script Michael Goldenberg is developing will be set before the Justice League movie.
- Green Lantern: Will be Ryan Reynold’s character from the Green Lantern movie, but will be freshly written with a more serious tone.
- Flash: The most popular hero in civilian eyes who loves media attention, but when called upon is very serious.
- Martian Manhunter: Alien who has lived on Earth in secret for over a hundred years who has knowledge of Darkseid and his reign.
- Aquaman: Will be the King of Atlantis who has a key role in the film.
Alfred Pennyworth and Lois Lane are said to have a minor role and cameo, respectively, in the film as well. Even if these rumors pan out, it’s unclear exactly how all of it would tie together.
None of these short biographies are too far removed from what one might suspect would happen in a Justice League film, so it’s entirely possible that this was all just cobbled together by some random person. Then again, how far afield could you really go from the traditional characters in a Justice League movie?
- Fringe had some amazing alternate universe covers for comics
- Best wedding ever: Batman marries Wonder Woman
- Artist Yale Stewart on JL8
Have a tip we should know? [email protected]