— Cincinnati Zoo (@CincinnatiZoo) July 11, 2017
Fiona the hippo from the Cincinnati Zoo has gained a significant fan following on social media, as the Zoo generously posts updates about her development and favorite things to do at the zoo. Today, they shared this clip of Fiona reuniting with both her parents, Bibi and Henry, for the first time. “Fiona has been exploring the outdoor habitat with her mom for several weeks and has had contact with Henry inside, but today was the first time that the three hippos have been together,” writes the update. “Bibi was protective of Fiona and gave Henry cues about how to interact appropriately with the little one.”
- Shrill author Lindy West has a new column in the NY Times, and her first installment asks men, “Do you ever stick up for me?”
- Insecure‘s Sujata Day is making music with Will Collyer as a music/comedy duo called Naked Hipster project, and it’s cute af.
- Jaume Collet-Serra is apparently the current frontrunner to direct Suicide Squad 2. (via Collider)
- LA Weekly takes a deep look at portrayals of sexual violence in this feature about choreographing rape scenes and the toll it takes on the cast and crew. It’s a difficult read, as it goes through many examples of media that don’t do the proper preparation or don’t approach these scenes with sensitivity, but it illuminates an aspect of the industry that we all care a lot about.
- There’s a great profile in WIRED about Y-Vonne Hutchinson, the founder of a diversity-focused consulting firm, about what needs to be done in the tech industry.
- It’s summer and I’m not going near any hot beverages, but if I was I’d be all over this heat-activated Bob Ross mug. (via Geekologie)
I needed to see Captain America using sign language to chat with a guest at Disneyland today and I bet you do, too. pic.twitter.com/4xElnQrH9h
— Kevin Church 🖖🏻 (@Kevin_Church) July 12, 2017
That’s what we saw today! What did you see?
Want more stories like this? Become a subscriber and support the site!
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—
Have a tip we should know? email@example.com