Because teenagerdom is a mess, but some people handle it better than others.
Things We Saw Today: A Drink That Looks Like Space
by Alanna Bennett | 5:01 pm, August 15th, 2012
- “Girlfriend mode” in games? Ew. Read more about its ickiness at The Frisky.
- The Walking Dead helped someone win the Olympic gold? Apparently! According to boxer Nicola Adams, her relaxing technique before a big match is to sit down and play Call of Duty and The Walking Dead on Playstation. (Kotaku)
- Ever wonder who the world’s first blogger was? She was Lady Sei Shonagon. Well, sort of. She lived somewhere between the 990s and the early 11th century in the Japanese court, but she did spend a lot of time recording her observations and musings over life, in a way that seems very blog-y. (Brain Pickings)
So what would the TARDIS look like if it came from IKEA? Possibly this (Fashionably Geek):
- So how do you make purse accessories more interesting? LEGOS, obviously. Like these Lego mirrors. (Gizmodiva)
- Helen Gurley Brown, illustrious essayist and “the original cosmo girl,” died this week at the age of 90. As the New York Times said in their report on her death:
Ms. Brown routinely described herself as a feminist, but whether her work helped or hindered the cause of women’s liberation has been publicly debated for decades. It will doubtless be debated long after her death. What is safe to say is that she was a Janus-headed figure in women’s history, simultaneously progressive and retrogressive in her approach to women’s social roles.
- Real Housewives Of New York: Countess Commitment?
- TV's Best Fake Websites
- Star Wars: Then and Now
- Twilight & 11 Other Worst Movies Ever