Because teenagerdom is a mess, but some people handle it better than others.
Things We Saw Today: The Official Wonder Woman Mrs. Potato Head
by Susana Polo | 4:58 pm, May 9th, 2012
Sprung fully formed fromt the potato head of Zeus. (Comics Alliance)
- Today, the sitting President of the United States publicly stated his personal support for marriage equality. Lets be happy about that for a moment before we get back to the part where he “stressed” that it should still be up to individual states to decide. Positive motion. (The Frisky)
- Sit down and let first American woman in space Sally Ride talk to you about science education. (Mashable)
- Blastr’s got the first trailer for Argo, a movie about the CIA’s plan to rescue American citizens from Iran’s Canadian embassy during the American embassy takeover, by pretending they were making a big budget sci-fi movie penned by Jack “King” Kirby.
- And you can see a new spot for Brave, all about the characters other than Merida who wear non-bifurcated clothing, at The Disney Blog.
If Darth Vader was a ballerina, this is what he’d wear. (Fashionably Geek)
- Kinetic Analysis Corporation calculated how much it would cost to get New York City back on its feet after the events of The Avengers: $160 billion. (Gizmodo)
- Stephanie McMillan is the winner of the Robert F. Kennedy Award for Journalism for cartooning.
This rat is wearing a mermaid costume and we don’t know why it belongs on Regretsy at all I mean come on.
- Sparknotes collects Seven Nerdy Couples Who Give Us Hope. Shockingly enough, it’s not exclusively about nerdy men married to hot women (as these things usually go on the internet), but instead is about geek celebrities who have impressed us with their devotion to each other.
Met Lena Headey‘s Madeline “Ma-Ma” Madrigal from Dredd. (The Daily Blam!)
- Why A List Actors Star in Horrible Horror Films
- Once Upon a Time: Better Than Ever?
- Where Are They Now: Jill From Home Improvement
- Vampire Diaries Gets a Spin off