There historical female military leaders are here to kick butt and chew bubble gum, and they're all out of bubble gum.
Things We Saw Today: Cat Doughnuts
by Rebecca Pahle | 5:00 pm, August 16th, 2013
Some context, if you want context for cat doughnuts: This feline food was inspired by anime series one Nya hup, which features… wait for it… doughnut-shaped cats. Sadly, they’re only available only in Japan. (Laughing Squid)
- The Frisky shows us a clip from writer/actress Lena Waithe‘s Twenties, which is currently being shopped around Hollywood. What makes Twenties different from every other show looking for airtime? It’s about three black women, one of whom, played by Waithe, is queer.
- Tor.com has an excerpt from the anthology Dangerous Women‘s short story “The Princess and The Queen, or, The Black and the Greens,” an A Song of Ice and Fire prequel by George R.R. Martin.
- Video game writer/former BioWare employee Jennifer Hepler is, sadly, no stranger to being threatened. In a Polygon article on the epidemic of game developers being harassed, she talks about her treatment by fans, both positive and negative, and why she quit BioWare.
Scrap metal T-Rex scupture. *drools* (by John Lopez, via Nerd Approved)
- Woman In Tech Gets Tired Of Explaining Herself, Creates This Hilarious Slideshow. (Co.Labs)
- Via The Hollywood Reporter, yet another actor from the Broadway show Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark has been injured during a performance.