Because teenagerdom is a mess, but some people handle it better than others.
Things We Saw Today: Young Batgirl And Her Wheels
by Kellie Foxx-Gonzalez | 5:02 pm, July 12th, 2012
This adorable Batgirl looks ready to kick some ass and take some names. She may be a wee bit young to drive those that car, though. (via Fashionably Geek.)
- Women make up 40% of Comic-Con attendees this year! Now if only I were one of them…(via Comics Beat.)
- NYC plans to convert old, out-of-use payphones into Wifi hotspots. Certainly they are more useful this way and the Wifi it’s free for now. Sweet! (via Geekosystem.)
- Legendary Entertainment has acquired Nerdist Industries, so expect well-informed, yet still impartial, scoops on the latest nerd entertainment. Congrats! (via Nerdist.)
- Here’s a guide to feminist Disney princesses — though I have to disagree about Ariel’s outfit partially damning her to the patriarchy — women can be liberated in clamshell bikinis, thank you very much! (via Nerve.)
Here’s a map of Game of Thrones’ Westeros imagined as a Super Mario World map. Sorry, Mario, the Khaleesi is in another castle. (via I09.)
- Fox’s The Wolverine has announced that Yun Lee will play Kenuichio Harada, the mutant half-brother of Wolverine’s ex-lover Mariko Yashida. Is it sad that I’m just breathing a sigh of relief that this movie isn’t casting White people to play Asian roles? (via Comic Book Resources.)
- According to South Carolina’s Republican Governor Nikki Haley, sexual assault and domestic violence prevention funding is a “distraction” from a “broader mission of protecting South Carolina’s public health.” Yikes! (via The Frisky.)
- 5 "Unfilmable" Movies That Got Made Anyway
- Game of Thrones Giving It All Away?
- 10 Hair-Raising Facts Learned From 'Tangled'
- Avengers 2 Reveals Two New Characters in its Script