Things We Saw Today: Anyone Can Become a Thyme Lord With the Right Apron.
by Isabella Kapur | 5:03 pm, June 19th, 2013
- Sahily of Pretty in Pigment boldly goes where no blogger has gone before with her amazingly detailed Star Trek Into Darkness eye makeup. (via The Frisky)
- Tina Amini of Kotaku talks about the harassment of women at the recent E3 Convention in her simply titled article, “The Creepy Side of E3,” and how identifying the problem can help fix it. (via Kotaku)
- “Silicon Valley’s Awful Race and Gender Problem in 3 Mind-Blowing Charts.” (via Mother Jones)
If you’ve always dreamed of using beakers as drink containers, what with the measuring abilities and heat resistance, but haven’t felt completely confident in using the container that you just placed hydrochloric acid in as a drinking glass, the Periodic Tableware kickstarter is here to help. Molecular gastronomy just got easier! (via That’s Nerdalicious)
- Seymour the dog is making his return to Futurama, and he’s getting a speaking line, voiced by none other than Seth MacFarlane. Soon he will do all the voices for every television show, not just his own. (via Pajiba)
- Man of Steel writer David S. Goyer talked to Empire about the writing process and why certain characters he pushed for didn’t make it into the movie, and Indie Wire has the highlights for you. Somehow I don’t think Jack Ryder’s The Creeper reads superhero given the modern meaning of the word anyway.
- John Hurt has signed on to be part of Guillermo del Toro‘s The Strain television drama, and he’s going to continue showing up in everything you watch until you realize he secretly rules all nerdy television. (via Deadline)
MY CABBAGES! Victor Sgroi‘s cosplay is more perfect than any moment in the hapless Cabbage Merchant’s travels through the world of Avatar: The Last Airbender ever was.(via That’s Nerdalicious)