Because teenagerdom is a mess, but some people handle it better than others.
Things We Saw Today: 100 Tiny Characters
by Jill Pantozzi | 5:02 pm, January 11th, 2012
Yeah, those are some tiny characters. View the image larger at artist Marcio Takara’s tumblr and see how many you can name. In the meantime, hit the jump and see what else we saw today!
- In our weird and uncomfortable moment of the day, our sister site, The Jane Dough, found a series of new Disney shirts in which characters are described by words. Minnie Mouse was called hot. Also adorable, cute, beautiful, gorgeous and pretty. Other than Goofy being described as tall, the other characters weren’t described by their physical appearance. Come on, Disney, Minnie is more than just a pretty face.
- Over at Clutch, they’re discussing how not everyone is laughing at the Sh*t White Girls Say To Black Girls video.
- Midnight showings of The Dark Knight Rises in IMAX in both New York and Los Angelas have SOLD OUT. Completely serious here. The film doesn’t hit theaters until July 19 but the theater owners were allowed to use discretion on when to start selling them and they did when the prologue was playing along with Mission Impossible 4. (via Deadline)
Hey look! It’s Katniss and Peeta in their snazzy training outfits from The Hunger Games! Is Peeta’s collar popped? (via /Film)
- Gail Simone spoke with Newsarama about DC’s Batgirl title and what to expect as far as Barbara Gordon’s paralysis recovery. “People have been talking about this as if it’s some sort of mystical thing like returning from the dead, but there are treatments and surgeries that can restore mobility in some cases,” she said. “Barbara’s spine was not severed. That makes her a candidate.”
- Check out the first clip of Smallville’s Erica Durance as “Wonder Woman” on NBC’s Harry’s Law. You know, in that outfit I have such a problem with. (via Topless Robot)
- How did this not happen before now? The Hello Kitty Dreams restaurant has now opened in Beijing, China. Hello Kitty-themed decor, uniforms for the staff and food! (via That’s Nerdalicious)
- Lieutenant Commander Ferret Shepherd reporting for Mass Effect duty. Wait, what? (via Kotaku)
- Maggie Gyllenhaal wrote a column for Glamour Magazine in support of Planned Parenthood and against politicians working to restrict women’s health services. “Wealthy women will always be able to access the health care they need. Planned Parenthood is there for every woman. This is an organization that works in communities to provide high-quality care like cervical cancer screenings, breast exams, HIV tests and birth control-often to women who would otherwise go without,” she said. “It is the place you call if you are 16 and don’t know whom to ask about birth control. It’s the website that has answers in the middle of the night. It’s the health care resource that offers compassion and respect to women at times when they are incredibly vulnerable and afraid.” (via Jezebel)
- In other news, Ron Paul’s campaign theme song is…the Star Wars Imperial March. (via Movie Line)
Have you seen Medusa? LOL. Oops. (via Super Punch)
- Movie Mistakes: Low Budget Or Bad Editing?
- Hollywood's 11 Best Makeover Moments
- 'Real World' Stars: Where Are They Now?
- Is a New Girl Coming to The New Girl?