While Nintendo is dropping out of the press conference running for the second year in a row, Sony is investing deeply in theirs. When the presentation happens on June 9th, viewers in theaters across North America will be able to experience the show in theaters just like they’re on the floor at E3—for free.
If you’re just going to be sitting at home at 9:00PM ET on June 9th with your eyeballs glued to a live stream of everything coming to your Sony brand consoles for the foreseeable future, why not go to a nearby movie theater and really get the full experience? You can head here to find out what theaters are available and make your free reservations.
According to the PlayStation Blog, the event will feature 30 minutes of extra footage with interviews and behind-the-scenes content, and attendees will also get some free giveaway swag. Here are the details for you, straight from Sony:
- When: Monday June 9th at 8:30pm ET / 5:30pm PT (show starts at 9:00pm ET / 6:00pm PT)
- Where: 40-50 theaters across US and Canada
- What: Watching the PlayStation Press Conference LIVE in HD from the comfort of a movie theater with other PlayStation fans. Event features 30 minutes of exclusive content, including extended game footage and developer interviews. Plus surprise giveaways!
- RSVP: Free to attend, but space is limited. RSVP here: http://eventgrid.com/Custom/playstatione3
- The PlayStation 4 is on track to make more money than the PS2
- They already revealed their virtual reality headset, Project Morpheus
- Get a bunch of PlayStation 4 facts from a great stop motion video