It’s only one line but Yondu’s “I’m Mary Poppins, y’all!” outburst in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 is now a multi-headed beast. The phrase has become so popular that a fan even created a FUNKO mashup figure that isn’t being mass produced yet but probably will in the future. Now, things have gotten super meta as Michael Rooker, who plays Yondu, posted a picture with a woman dressed as Poppins. No matter how many iterations come out of it, this joke will never get old. (via Comic Book Resources)
- Speaking of Guardians, Steve Englehart (who created Mantis) says the film got her character all wrong. (via Polygon)
- Chelsea Manning has finally been freed and her tweets about it will make you smile. (via Guardian)
- The New Hampshire representative who created sexist Reddit page “Red Pill” has resigned from his job. Good riddance. (via the Daily Beast)
- BuzzFeed threw a queer prom and it looked like a lot of fun. (via BuzzFeed)
- MRA alert: This guy is suing his date for texting in the middle of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2. (via USA Today)
- In case you were wondering, this is a glossary of every major film reference in season two of Master of None. (via Vulture)
- Wait a minute, Jeff Goldblum could have been the voice of Siri? (via Screen Crush)
- Oh lookie, that Hellboy reboot now has a title. (via Nerdist)
That’s what I found. How about you?
Want more stories like this? Become a subscriber and support the site!
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—
Have a tip we should know? [email protected]